The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
● your name;
● your contact details, including email address, home address and telephone number;
● your age and/or date of birth;
● your credit card details or bank details;
● your image if photographed at our boutique;
● information you provide to us through customer surveys;
● information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, and the type of operating system you are using;
● additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
● any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
● to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
● to contact and communicate with you;
● for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
● for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
● to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
● for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
● to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
● third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) payment system operators, debt collectors, and marketing or advertising providers;
● our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
● sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
● anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be,
● credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
● courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in
connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or
defend our legal rights; and
● third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including
marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Merlai ABN 72 184 535 952
Last update: 25 January 2020